Friday 11 December 2015

week 5

This week was working on mouth exercises, using the mouth and tongue correctly when talking. Once thing I was intrigued by was making yourself yawn which helped you work out the different muscles in your throat that create different sounds. When you yawn you can feel the part of your voice that makes it go deeper. When you raise your Adams apple up and down it changes the pitch and tone of your voice also. We focused on the larynx and pharynx in this lesson to study our resonance. Swallowing and moving the Adams apple that way helps you locate your larynx, and yawning helps with the pharynx location.


 I had stated before that I have a particularly high pitched voice so this lesson aided me to give me something to help bring my voice down a tone or two to come across as more professional and more convincing in giving my speech. Additionally we focused on the soft palette and the jaw, producing sounds like ‘ng’ and massaging the jaw as we talk also. The exercise that was the one most beneficial for me was one where we placed our hands on our foreheads and hummed, we moved our hands down to our nose, then mouth then chest and each time our hand moved down our voice dropped a pitch and helped see that your pitch can lower so when talking you can picture where your resonance is coming from and how to change your pitch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment